Frequently Asked Questions
Why did you create MissouriWineCountry.com? We created MissouriWineCountry.com because we have a passion for wine and a passion for our home state of Missouri. We believe Missouri wines are poised to take on national prominence, and we want to help do our part to spread the word. How does MissouriWineCountry.com differ from the MissouriWine.org, the official website for the Missouri wine industry? Although the state of Missouri does a fine job of supporting the wineries, MissouriWine.org is mainly an insider resource. MissouriWineCountry.com is primarily aimed at consumers. Our goals are different, and we believe that our website complements the state of Missouri’s. Do you intend to sell wine on MissouriWineCountry.com? No, our goal is to support Missouri wineries by driving visitors to the wineries and to their websites, and to tell consumers where they can buy Missouri wines locally. Wineries need to generate sales to succeed and to invest in their operations, and when wine drinkers buy direct, the wineries’ profit margins are higher. Wineries make the most revenue by selling wine at their tasting rooms, so that’s why we have a special focus on encouraging our visitors to visit wine country. How can I use MissouriWineCountry.com? As an online magazine and resource guide to the complete Missouri wine experience, there are many ways to use the site. Here are some ways we recommend: For novice wine drinkers:
- Learn about Missouri wine types and get to know them better with our Missouri Wine Grape Guide.
- Learn where Missouri wines are grown with our Missouri Wine Region Guide.
- Plan trips to wine country with our events calendar, B&B finder, winery profiles and wine lists.
- See where to buy Missouri wines at local retailers.
For experienced wine drinkers:
- Plan trips to wine country with our events calendar, B&B finder, winery profiles and wine lists. Keep up with the latest news about Missouri wine.
- Subscribe to the MissouriWineCountry.com e-mail list to be informed of news and developments at MissouriWineCountry.com.
- Enjoy our articles about Missouri wine, food, agriculture and travel.
For wineries and other businesses based in wine country:
- Send us your events and news announcements.
- Tell us whenever you release a new vintage.
- Tell us when you launch a new brand or expand.
For wine country travelers:
- Missouri B&B’s are hot, and we’ll keep you updated on the goings on.
- We will add new B&B’s through out the Missouri wine country.
- Traveling by car? Get the best route to wine country on MissouriWineCountry.com
- Wine tours and bus tours…
- Missouri Wine Country Maps
For Missouri retailers and restaurants who carry Missouri wines:
- Find a full listing of Missouri restaurants who carry Missouri wines.
- Food and Missouri wine parings.
- Special events
I’m with a winery. How can I update my winery profile, photo, label image or wine list? We want to make your winery listing as attractive and informative as possible, and we want to help you keep your information current. Please e-mail Kelsey Fish with the updated information, and she will update your winery page promptly. Or if you have questions, please call Kelsey Fish at 248-691-1800 ext. 116, and she’ll be glad to discuss changes with you.