August 10th, 2007
On July 12 and 13 of this year, 258 wines were judged by 7 national judges at the Missouri Wine Competition to determine the medal winners. This year, 197 medals were presented, which included 29 gold, 79 silver and 89 bronze awards.
From that contest, nine Best of Category winners and the Governor’s Cup recipient were selected.
Best of Class Winners:
- Best Sparkling: 2006 Chardonel Brut, Crown Valley Winery
- Best Sweet White: 2006 Vignoles, Stone Hill Winery
- Best Semi-Dry White: 2006 Traminette, Stone Hill Winery
- Best Dry White: 2006 Seyval, Blumenhof Vineyards
- Best Semi-Dry Red: Reserve Red, Augusta Winery
- Best Dry Red: 2004 Estate Bottled Chambourcin, Augusta Winery
- Best Late Harvest/Ice: 2005 Late Harvest Vignoles, Stone Hill Winery
- Best Distilled: Apple Brandy, Montelle Winery
- Best Dessert/Fortified: 2004 Port, Stone Hill Winery